Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For What It's Worth...

For those who are interested, here are some links to previous articles I have recently written for NACLA, the North American Congress on Latin America. NACLA is a progressive nonprofit organization based in the United States that does advocacy journalism on Latin America.

My first exposure to the organization came last summer while I was Seattle: browsing an independent bookstore, I came across their quarterly magazine, which for this particular issue was focusing on right-wing paramilitary activity in Colombia (a subject of particular interest to myself). Lately, I have been contributing articles to their website on a volunteer basis, and have found the organization to be an excellent resource that I'm proud to be a small part of. (Any organization that prominently highlights glowing recommendations from Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn on their front page definitely gets a vote in my book!)

Here's my most recent article for them, an analysis of the Honduran elections and it's regional implications- An Electoral Defeat for Democracy: The Regional Implications of the Honduran Vote

Another article regarding the events in Honduras from last fall, regarding the use of Colombian paras by the Honduran elites and coup regime: The Plot Thickens: Honduran Coup Regime and Landowning Elites Enlist the Support of Foreign Paramilitaries

Additionally, I wrote a piece on the subject of the Dominican Republic's recent overhaul of its constitution, a matter which recieved very little mainstream coverage: A Giant Step Backwards: The Dominican Republic Reforms Its Constitution

I will shortly be contributing an article previewing the upcoming Brazilian elections, and will be providing the appropriate links to that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment